- 1 can of 400 ml of coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar ground to obtain an ‘icing sugar’ like consistency
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon of lemon zest (optional)
Before starting the whipped cream, about 20 minutes before, put the coconut cream (without the liquid) in a bowl, together with the whisk, in the freezer. Tip: the remaining liquid can be reserved for other uses like for a soup, sauce or cooking rice.
Preparation of the whipped cream
- Put the cold coconut cream in the bowl
- Start whipping the cream with an electric whisk
- When it starts to rise, slowly incorporate the sugar.
- Whip until it is thick and firm.
- If you wish, add lemon zest and/or vanilla for extra zest.
- Chill until ready to serve.
# Tip : Ideal to accompany an ice cream, a cake, or on its own.