- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml whole milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 eggs
- 50 g flour
- 40 g cornstarch
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar according to your taste
- 2 tablespoons of rum (optional)
- 50 g grated coconut
Preparation of the Coconut milk – Custard Tart
- Split and scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean lengthwise with the tip of a small knife. In a saucepan, gently heat the coconut milk and whole milk with the seeds and vanilla bean pod. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat, cover and let infuse for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and whole eggs, then add the flour and grated coconut.
- Mix little by little with the infused milk (after removing the vanilla pod), whisking briskly. Return to the pan to thicken the cream for a few minutes over low heat.
- Pour the mixture over the pastry and bake for about 40 minutes at 200°C. Turn out hot and serve cold.
# Tip : For a firmer texture, serve after a few hours in the refrigerator.